Thursday, February 23, 2006

My first post

Good early Thursday morning - it is 12:49 am (yes, right after midnight!) and I'm still awake. Why, I don't know. Our little guy just had a bottle at 11 pm, so I should be in bed now getting what sleep I can before the next bottle. Yet here I am, sitting at the computer. It draws me in and grabs a hold and won't let go, I swear! I started by doing some Google searches for things like diaper rash and hair dryers, reflux, and Fetal Alcohol Exposure. Then I started looking for Foster Mom blogs, to see if there was anyone out there I could relate to. And I found Tamara's blog http://pre-midlifecrisis.blogspot.com/ Finally, someone I can really relate to! Which made me think - I should have a blog of my own - so now I do!

But for now, I'm headed to bed. I'll start my story tomorrow. Maybe someone will be interested in reading it. We'll see. If nothing else, it will be my journal, to record my journey, and see how it all ends up.

5 comments:

CJ said...

Hi! I'm a foster mom as well. We do short term care because we've already adopted two little ones (one private and one out of the foster care system) in addition to our son and we KNOW if we took a long term placement we would end up adopting again. It's a wild ride. I can't wait to read more of your blog!

No Longer In Crisis said...

A new blog!! I am so excited - your story sounds so much like my mine. Is Little Guy your first placement? I can't wait to hear more about your story. Thanks for the support re: the court dates. I kept thinking I had to be the only one going through this. You are now officially added to my prayer list! Little Guy is blessed to have you.

FosterMom said...

Little Guy is actually our third placement, bur our first long-term placement. We had two emergencly placements at the beginning of January, each lasting 5 days. We knew when they were placed with us that they wouldn't be staying long. However, Little Guy was placed as an "I'm not sure what's going to happen" comment by the social worker! So we received him January 23 and will have him until at least April 3, the next court hearing. I haven't been able to call ourselves mommy and daddy yet - I use Mama Meegan and Papa James - just because I don't know what's going to happen. We've gone through so much heartache in the past, we just want to be a little conservative with our thinking on this one. Although it hasn't stopped us from loving and cuddling him like crazy!! We actually had pictures taken at our church yesterday, and included Little Guy in them, just in case we do get to keep him.

No Longer In Crisis said...

Just had to add - because of what you commented - we, too, are having church pictures taken for a directory, and wondered about including Sugar Cookie. After reading your comment, we are now sure it's the right thing to do. For now, she is one of us!

Lisa said...

Enjoy blogging! Come visit me. I am just about complete in the certification process (waiting on our worker to have time to schedule our last home visit). It's nice to hear stories from other people.