I realize it's been a while since I've written in my blog. This past month has been busy. We are all moved into our new home - we've gone from 3 bedrooms/1 bath to 5 bedrooms/2 baths. Plenty of room for kiddos! We are still unpacking boxes and trying to find things, but we feel pretty settled. The house is wonderful, and we feel more peaceful here than at the old house.
We have one more day of a 3 day court hearing for Little Man. The commission is hearing testimony regarding the mom's petition to have him returned to her. So far, not a single person can testify that they feel he should be returned. Our hope and prayer is that at the conclusion of this hearing the commission will sign the termination papers, end all parent visits, and move us closer to the adoption proceedings.
We have court May 1st for Baby Girl. The social worker stopped by on Friday for a visit, and he told me that the state's plan is to NOT separate the siblings, to keep them both with us, and to push for an open adoption (which we are in favor of) to allow the extended family to have continued contact and involvement with the kids. Now we just pray that the commissioner will go along with this. Interestingly enough, we have the same commission for both cases - Little Man and the Siblings. So by the time this is all over, she will know our family quite well!
I'll try to catch up with things that have happened over the last month. But right now, I need to get back to the kiddos!
5 comments:
Thanks for posting an update. I hope that both decisions work out for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
We are so bad on the bathroom thing now. We have three people and three bathrooms in the house - when we stay at a hotel, we all get cranky over losing our solo bathroom time!
Good luck with the commissions.
We have an open foster adoption and it is really been good for our daughter in this situation. It has taken time to work things out and various people have different levels of contact.
So glad you updated! While we didn't deal with birth parent appeals, I know other foster parents here who have been through that, and it can be agonizing. I do hope and pray the TPR part is wrapped up soon - the adoption goes so quickly after that point. Congrats on the new home - I'm sure you are loving the extra space!
Glad to hear that you are settled and that it looks like progress is going to be made soon!
How did things work out with Little Man?
I hope that the commissioner sees the wisdom in keeping the Siblings together.
I stopped by your blog to ask you to post on my friend Rachel (soon-to be foster parent's) blog.
Her blog addy is: http://buckeyefostermama.blogspot.com/
I'm a former foster child, but not a foster parent (I have two stepchildren), and I know that Rachel would really appreciate your insights…
Thanks for your time!
Lisa
http://sunshinegirlonarainyday.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment