We are doing respite care for another baby boy this week. He's 7-1/2 months old and already weighs 26 pounds. He is the happiest baby, and so easy to take care of. He's really only fussed a couple of times since he was dropped off last night, and he slept like a champ his first night here. Down for bed at 9:30 (late, because he didn't get dropped off until 7:30 pm) and stayed asleep until 5 am. He took a bottle,and went back to sleep until 9:3 am. Amazing!
He'll be with us until August 15. It should be a fun week, but very busy. My three kids are in their second week of daily swim lessons this week, and we start at 9:30 am, so it'll be very busy in the mornings trying to get everyone ready and out the door. This little guy is on a nebulizer twice a day, plus some other meds, so trying to learn all of that and blend it into our existing schedule will be a little bit of a challenge, but so far so good!
6 comments:
My hat's off to you for being able to keep taking in these little babies for short periods of time and then letting them go. Not that you have a choice, but I mean it must be hard to take care of a baby's every need for even 1 week and then have to give that baby to someone else. I've often thought of doing that type of foster care, but I am afraid I would be too much of a roller coaster ride for me. I have one foster daughter, she is 14. We hope to adopt her within 6 to 9 months from now. I suppose that will be the only experience we will ever have with taking in foster children, but she was definitely worth it. We have had her with us for 4 years solid and 2 years before she was placed with us she used to come over to stay with us quite often, so she has been ours for approximately 6 years, even if only in an emotional sense.
I love taking care of babies. Maybe I'll rethink things a little.
Anyway - you are doing a great job! Thanks for caring for those babies.
Diane
Wow God Bless you! Doing all that respite. It has been a VERY long time for me blogging as well. I am just so happy I was still on your list as a reader. I followed you since before we adopted (or was even placed with our babies!) Your blog and Cookie Crumbs and Bit Bits--but I lost them in the blogoshere-don't know where she moved her blog to. I wonder how her girls and family are. But I am SO HAPPY to see you back! The kids pictures are wonderful! They are getting big- and so cute! My first baby-just turned 16! (ugh) and My 2 little ones are heading to preschool also (can't believe how fast it went) We would love to adopt once more- but it seems complicated and very political how any potential adoptive placments are handled these days. (not holding my breath we will get lucky again) But I won't loose hope forever! Raising kids is all I want to do- I love it. I will be reading and wish you all the best!!
new to your blog!! Ill be back!! i love foster mommy blogs!!
Hi!
I stumbled across you blog, and I love it. I was reading awhile back in your posts, and saw that you set your blog to private now. Would you please add me to your new blog? my email is: melissapurtell@verizon.net
Thanks!
Melissa
I just found your blog and it was a huge blessing to read though your family's journey. We are starting the process of foster to adopt training. We already have two biological and one adopted child. We know we are blessed beyond measure - but, believe that God has given us more love to share with some little ones who really need it.
It sounds like you have your hands full this week with the baby boy's care.
Post a Comment